Monday, July 04, 2005

Creation Calls

Well we're off to enjoy some of God's creation! I think my favorite place to be is camping at a lake with my family! Sometimes when I'm sitting on a beach, reading a good book and enjoying the sound of the wind rustling the leaves in the trees I really can't imagine even heaven being any better...


Creation Calls

I have felt the wind blow Whispering Your name
I have seen Your tears fall When I watch the rain

How could I say there is no God
When all around creation calls
A singing bird, a mighty tree
The vast expanse of open sea

Gazing at a bird in flight Soaring through the air
Lying down beneath the stars I feel Your presence there

I love to stand at ocean’s shore
And feel the thundering breakers roar
To walk through golden fields of grain
’Neath endless blue horizon’s frame

Listening to a river run Watering the earth
Fragrance of a rose in bloom A newborn’s cry at birth

How could I say there is no God
When all around creation calls
A singing bird, a mighty tree
The vast expanse of open sea
I love to stand at ocean’s shore
And feel the thundering breakers roar
To walk through golden fields of grain
'Neath endless blue horizon’s frame
I believe, I believe
I believe

Water flowing over the edge of a rock precipice
Turning misty white as it falls into the pool below
Tall evergreens, at the river’s edge,
Standing on guard
While a deer and fawn drink from the stream
The smell of tilled earth, just after the rain
A rainbow, dazzling natural colours
The sight of a hawk
As it circles in the thermal draughts of summer
A flock of Canada geese flying in perfect formation
Rising from the valley floor, rolling hills covered with trees
... Turning fiery red, yellow and gold in the autumn air
A leaf on its brief journey,
Twisting,
Turning,
Dancing
Its way
To the ground
Lifting our eyes, the mountains rise, trees giving way
... To rock, cliffs, ice glaciers and majestic jagged peaks
As the sun slips behind the horizon and night falls,
The mountains become silent fortresses silouetted against
The night sky, the countless stars shining in
Silent testimony
Snowflakes, gently falling, falling, each unique,
Whispering
“Remember the mercy of God ... remember the mercy ... ”
Covering the world in white and then
The quiet,
Quiet,
Quiet
Of creation at rest.

- Brian Doerksen

No comments:

Post a Comment