Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas!

I love Christmas! It is even more fun now that Benjamin is here to enjoy it with! (AND Noah...) Glen and I are so blessed to have him in our lives! We LOVE that little guy with every fibre of our beings and it is so fun to have an excuse to do some heavy duty spoiling!

I also love Christmas because of The Reason for the season... a few years back I came across an Amy Grant song that really made Christmas special to me in a whole new way. For a long time I only thought of Christmas as the day a baby was born who LATER did something pretty amazing for me. This song opened my eyes to another part of the miracle of Christmas:

Christmas Lullaby (I Will Lead You Home)

Are you far away from home
This dark and lonely night
Tell me what best would help
To ease your mind
Someone to give
Direction for this unfamiliar road
Or one who says, "Follow me and
I will lead you home."

How beautiful
How precious
The Savior of old
To love so
Completely
The loneliest soul
how gently
how tenderly
He says to one and all,
"Child you can follow Me
And I will lead you home
Trust Me and follow Me
And I will lead you home."

Be near me, Lord Jesus
I ask Thee to stay
Close by me forever
And love me I pray
Bless all the dear children
In Thy tender care
And take us to Heaven
To live with Thee there
Take us to Heaven
To live with Thee there


I love that. It makes me think of all the times I haven't known how to get somewhere and I've followed a friend or a loved one in my car. If you have someone to follow it's so much easier to find a place than if you only have directions or even a map... Especially if the directions are complicated. Sometimes if you make one wrong turn you can end up so far off track it is almost impossible to find your way.

Ever since hearing that song Christmas has taken on a whole new meaning for me. It's a celebration not only of God's birth here on Earth, but of the miracle of having a savior who we can follow to our ultimate destination. He didn't just send us a list of directions or even draw us a map. He came here and He is ready and able to lead us to salvation. He can show us the way to friendship with God! It's a complicated journey, and definately one we can't make on our own, but who better to lead the way than God himself? That's the miracle. HE CAME.

So MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas!

    you look so beautiful and happy!!!

    much love.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great family picture. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful Christmas. I hope you have a wonderful new year as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. merry Christmas Becky! what a super cute family! i think i saw you at Extra Foods today! you & your little belly! but i was in line & couldn't catch you before you left! that would have been fun to say hi! take care of yourself & the little one!

    ReplyDelete