Friday, December 16, 2005

Who is really the geek in our family?

Here is a picture of Ben and his handsome (and SINGLE) uncles Dale and Neil. We're all really looking forward to spending LOTS of time with our families. I think Glen is LONGING for some boys nights out with Dale and Neil. He's been talking about hanging out with his brothers a LOT lately. (And I think some Scotty D time might be on his mind as well.) Here is the big question: Am I really nice enough to let him take off till all hours of the night (morning) when I have no girlfriends in Saskatoon to do the same with? (Actually, I don't think I would stay out as late as Glen does even if Heather Epp was in town... Or even in the country... Or even on this continent...) Sigh... I think Glen will be the only one "out on the town" this Christmas. (And by "out on the town," I mean sitting in someone's kitchen playing long and boring strategy board games.) So here is the bigger question: When did I turn into the type of person who has no desire (or even opportunity) to hang out with friends till all hours of the night AND how come I didn't notice it happening until it was too late? Also, when did I become the type of person who wears clothes that in all honesty should qualify me to appear on some show like What Not To Wear? When did it become okay for me to wear tapered "mom" jeans in public?

I've always thought that I was the cool chick that married a nerd and suddenly it is apparent to me that it is possible I might be the geek... It's like I've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone...

49 comments:

  1. Am I chopped liver????!!!! I hope not. ;) You can always spend some time here, as I do live in Saskatoon. lol Hope to see you this Christmas some times. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always knew you were the nerd... you can call us up too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krissy, You can't go out on the town, you're a new mommy. No wild nights for us I'm afraid... And we WILL see eachother this Christmas. COunt on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the change over to the twilight zone can also be called by another name...motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey....you and me are going to rip it up on christmas eve. ps-jo might come if that's ok. as for the tapered jeans....i've tried. but actually i think you would dress better but its hard when you want to buy all that cute stuff for ben. although your new outfit from grandma was a huge shocker for me. i was impressed. never in my life have you worn black. so really you are still cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uhhhh... Joanne? I thought this was going to be a family day...

    ReplyDelete
  7. well she doesn't have to. it doesn't matter to me. she said she's got nothing to do this christmas so i thought i would see. chill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. do i have to split you two up?

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooooooooooooo you are makin me angry

    ReplyDelete
  10. don't talk to me for 10 minutes.

    geeeeeeze.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know you are but what am I?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know you are but what am I?

    ReplyDelete
  13. you're glue loser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    i'm rubber...get it straight.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know you are but what am I?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Make me... Wait, I said that already...

    I know you are but... Wait. Said that.

    No you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. errrrrrrrrrr

    ummmmmmmmmmm

    no you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think our fight may be slowly dying... Unless one of us can think of a really good insult...

    And... Make me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yo momma's so stupid,
    she bought a solar powered flashlight.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yo Mama So Stupid
    I told her drinks were on the house...so she went and got a ladder...

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're weird, you know that?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know you are, but what am I?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ahhh... The satisfaction of having the last word...

    ReplyDelete