Thursday, March 23, 2006

A BIG, HUGE, GIGANTIC ANNOUNCEMENT!

Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles -
Ben learned a brand new trick today!
Opened his mouth and miracle of miracles -
Sucked pop through a straw! Hurray!

Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles -
I was afraid he'd never learn,
But, now I see that Ben's a wizz, at drinking fizz,
Rootbeer cured my straw concerns!

When Johnny won Melissa's heart, that was a miracle.
When Ang ate tacos and didn't fart, that was a miracle too!
But of all God's miracles large and small,
The most miraculous one of all
Is that out of my little baby boy,
God has made a man today!

Yes. You heard me right! Today at approximately 5:15 at the A&W in Yorkton Ben FINALLY drank from a straw! I think this development will probably change our lives in ways I can't even imagine yet... The repercussions of this achievement are so far reaching it boggles the mind.

13 comments:

  1. I love that song. Great remix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, that was really funny!!
    now get that super talented kid to come over to my house & teach my little one how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was hilarious! Congratulations Ben! Your life is now on the way to becoming more fulfilled than you can imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats great think of all the amazing and manly things he'll be able to do now!!! Congratulations Ben.

    ReplyDelete
  5. by the way for those of you who dont know my blog is ken-and-jelly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you guys got a blog and even gladder to see my blog being used as a platform for your shameless advertising... :|

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Ben good for you. I remember the sheer joy of finally teaching my kids to drink from a straw. Why is that such a great acheivement for a parent??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um... wow, you guys... Maybe I just don't understand, because I'm not a parent, but... Good job, Ben!! You're pretty much my hero!!

    That little poem was cute, Becky...

    ReplyDelete
  9. SWEET NOW WHEN I COME TO VISIT BEN WON'T BACKWASH IN ALL MY DRINKS. MAYBE I WILL BRING HIM A SPECIAL SWIRLY STRAW LEFT OVER FROM MY FANATASTIC CANDLE PARTY.

    ALSO, WHEN I COME THIS WEEEKEND I CAN'T PROMISE I WON'T FART.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHO WROTE THAT? I CAN'T TELL! THE CAPITAL LETTERS ARE A COMPLETE MYSTERY! I'M TOTALLY IN THE DARK HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to Go Ben!! There is a world of other discoveries out there for you.

    Hope you enjoyed your A & W rootbeer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Becky, are you sure you don't know who that is? I think I know who that is, and I am not you. You should know.

    I really liked your poem. I have had that song in my head all day, and I don't even know what song it is. So basically I am singing "miracle of miracles" over and over and over again. ya...thanks for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw him do it. Sometimes he has a little trouble with how far he should push the straw into his mouth. But after a couple of tickles on his tonsils he is starting to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete