Monday, March 20, 2006

Where's My Shoe?

I'm going a little bit nuts here. I need to get out of this house. Ben is bored and so am I. He wanders around the house saying, "Gonna Goola Ina Caw?" all the time. I would take him somewhere too, only there is no somewhere to go to. We live in Yorkton. There's literally NOTHING to do and NO WHERE to go, other than places where I'd spend money... Sigh.

I've been painting the basement and organizing the hours and hours of digital videos we've taken of Benjamin. It's taking forever. The painting is taking forever because I can only do a little at a time and the videos are taking forever since they have been sitting in jumbled up folders in our computer for around 2 years and I don't know where anything is. I think the monotony of the painting and computering, and the computering and painting is getting to me. Usually I love painting, but this basement is turning into a huge mountain of work and I still can't see the valley on the other side. As for the computer stuff, last night I dreamt I was working on the videos. That's it. That's all that happened. I was just working on the videos. Even my dreams are boring.

I just reread what I wrote and it's pretty much babbling hey? The thing is I'm stuck here with a 2 year old to talk to all day and the conversation isn't exactly stimulating. The other thing is, even though I want to talk, I LONG TO TALK, I can't seem to string any coherent thoughts together. I'm feeling all trapped and smothered by being stuck in this house. I'm also feeling slightly panicked by all the things I want to do in this house and it definitely doesn't help that I am HERE all the time and all of the things I want to do are here too... So I feel the walls pressing in around me. All of my primed but not painted stucco walls are slowly closing in while my due date gets closer and closer. Time's ticking away while the walls get closer and closer and I'm no Maxwell Smart with a fancy tool in my shoe to get me out of this trap. Sigh. Where is my shoe with the all the fancy tools?

I'll tell you where it is. No where in sight. If spring would get here already, I'd be okay. But I have no shoe and no spring. Poor me.

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like we've had the same day! I think it must be the winter blues or something... I've never felt more cooped up -- usually I can stay in my house for days and not even notice, but it's really getting to me this year! To bad we didn't live in the same city!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the proper term for your ailment is "Cabin Fever". You get that when you live in a climate where the temperature is so cold you can't go for a walk or talk to other people who go for walks. I think what you need is a holiday to see your family on the West coast. I do not mean this as a slam to all you snow bound family members out there, but it is wonderful to be going for a walk and not worry about a neighbour not shoveling threir sidewalk or having to dress in 5 layers instead of 2. I'm sorry you're having such a bad time, Becky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky your looking in the wrong spot, you would be more like Agent 99 so your tool would more likely be in your purse disguised as a lip stick or compact mirror. 8)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i had that day all weekend...i spent all day saturday racking my brain trying to think of somewhere i can take noah...too much snow, can't go sleding (and he HATES his snowsuit)...it's saturday afternoon, the playarea in the mall is PACKED...my only friend here isn't answering her phone, can't go there. so i ended up sitting around LONGING for april when we will finally be getting out of here and thinking about the mounds of homework i have to do in the next 4 weeks. and the saddest part is when monday came for the first time in my life i was glad i had school...so glad that i got there early and stayed for 8 (count them...EIGHT) hours. it was just so nice being out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tools in your shoe?? You better hope you have another pair of shoes, it would hurt walking around with hammers and screwdrivers in your shoes...

    I'm glad that, should I need, I can leave the house... Hopefully it'll get nicer soon, and you can take Ben for a walk or go to a park or something... Nice thing about that is that it's free!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could come over and hold my forehead as I throw up (the flu's got me). That would be a nice outing for you and Ben.

    I know how you feel - I am DESPERATE for spring to come and the snow to leave. Today is the first day of spring. Why doesn't it feel that way? Soon...soon. Oh please say it will be soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its those long SK winters. Anyone who has lived there, has at one time or the other experienced the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - I know what you mean, plus I'm a little bit sick, just my throat and my voice, but I turn into a total baby when I'm sick. Peter has to do everything for me, which he's great about. It keeps teasing me with spring here...The snow melts, we get all the way up to +15 and then I wake up and whammo, blizzard for three days. Then snow, and up to +15 again...It's very sad. Right now, it spent three days snowing, and now it's melting again. I went out today without a jacket, but the wind was insane. I'm not getting my hopes up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a little whiner I am. I'm going to do my dishes, and clean my bathroom for the first time as a married woman. The bathroom that is. Peter does the bathroom but tonight he's working really late.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know EXACTLY how you feel, except I have a baby stuck to my boob a great deal of the time as well. lol You can make it, though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't you have a mall you can wander around in? Years ago when Melanie and Tyler were little, me and auntie Margaret would go to the Confed mall in Saskatoon and wander around there for hours. We usually bought a drink at the food court and maybe a T shirt at Saan. It was fun and we did it ALL the time. And it really didn't cost much at all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's really entertaining when you drop your little stroller strapped daughter down a hill and into an intersecion. Then the stroller collapses on her and she's pinned. That's when it gets fun. Strap Ben into a stroller and send him into traffic - ask my mom, it's the funniest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, poor Mel... you sound a little bit bitter... I can't imagine why...

    ReplyDelete