Tuesday, May 23, 2006

My First Blogiversary

I just realized the other day that I was coming up on my one year blogiversary while I was planning Ben's 2nd birthday party. I was trying to remember what I had written last year for his birthday and I realized I hadn't had a blog for last year's birthday. (Although his birthday cake was the subject of one of my first posts...)

My
very first post was about my childhood pet Jynx's death, and how upset I was. (Which is funny to me because all I've been thinking about today is how I wish there weren't any cats at all in my life right now. My cats are stupid. I say this all the time as is evidenced by Ben's frequent exclamations of "Stupid cat! Dumb cat! I guess I'm just way too tired to have more living creatures depending on me for their existence. I'd take Jynx though. She was a good cat. I miss her.")

Anywho... I had big plans to write a fabulous post to celebrate my big day, but now it is after 11pm, Ben's in bed, Sam needs a bath, and I'm wasted. So much for that idea. All I will say is it is weird to me how much a person's life can change in only a year. A year ago we weren't even thinking of getting pregnant again and now here I am and the person that wasn't even a thought yet is all I think about.

Wait. I think about other things too. I think about Ben. I think about sleep. I think about the laundry and dishes and dirty floors. I think about icecream. I think about my weight. I think about - Dad cover your ears... I mean your eyes - getting it on with Glen after my checkup this week. I think about Taco Bell. I think about getting a double stroller so I can get some exercise. I think about sleep some more and then about icecream and Taco Bell again. I think about how I need to stop being so lazy and take Ben outside more often. I think about
Tractor Tom. (Why does farmer Fi even bother driving her farm vehicles when she could be sitting on her deck drinking long island iced teas while they do all the work?) Then I think about sleep again.

I guess that new little person isn't all I think about, but I bet thoughts of him take up a good 50% of my thoughts and Ben takes up the other 45% which leaves around 5% for everything else, which explains why I have nothing interesting to say.


P.S. I'm too tired to proofread this so don't harsh my mellow by pointing out any grammatical or spelling errors.

17 comments:

  1. Harsh my mellow...haha...Did you see the preview for Dr.Phil? You don't know me but I check out your blog all the time. Cute little guys you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YO,
    COULD BE WORSE....YOU COULD HAVE NOTHING TO THINK ABOUT LIKE ME. ALTHOUGH I'M SURE AT TIMES YOU WISH YOU HAD NOTHING TO DO. I THINK ABOUT HOW I'M GOING TO MAKE THE EVENINGS GO BY CAUSE I'M SO BORED. PS - I DON'T THINK YOUR LAZY...THIS WEEKEND WORE ME OUT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to beleive that a year has gone by already. The other day Dave and Carolyn were over with the boys and I remember when they were so career minded and didn't want children at all. Now here they are with 2 adorable little boys. I asked Robyn if she could even imagine Luke smiling at her and calling her mommy and she said no as though it was a very far fetched idea. It will be here soon enough. I have enjoyed reading your blog Becky and looking at all the wonderful pictures you post and I look forward to another year of 'checking out the blogs'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No... I say things like "harsh my mellow" all the time!

    :|

    (You caught me. I knew someone would. I just didn't know that it would be someone I didn't know.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, who is the caps person, and why do people do that? I'm totally sensitive since all I do is read e mails, and stuff all day long, so to me, it's just yelling. I'm stressing out. He he he. I wonder if I know Christy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I didn't mean to catch you off guard. I visit many blogs and I found yours on someone's else's. I just thought it was so funny that you used that term "Harsh my mellow" and I had just seen it on the Dr.Phil preview. Anyways feel free to check out my blog. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay I just did some research and discovered that I found your blog on Janelle's blog. And Janelle is a friend of my friend Tanya. Does that makes sense?

    ReplyDelete
  8. the caps person is ang... she doesn't maintain her own blog anymore, but she still likes to yell on everyone else's

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jinx was not a nice cat. She was one of many that were just a waste of skin and fur. Roscoe though, now there is a pet a person can be happy with. Why just today he took a big dump right on my garden hose. Found it when I went to water the grass. What a dog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, and just so everyone knows... Since I've noticed that in the past some of you don't get my attempts at humor, I don't say things like "harsh my mellow" all the time and I missed the Dr. Phil episode it was inspired by... Was it any good?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Becky,I am so glad you checked out my blog. I am not sure how to put my blog in my profile. Going to try and figure it out right now.

    I am so glad that Taylor won! But I must say too that I really liked Elliot. He seemed like a really genuine guy!

    Glad you like the name of my blog. It was a last minute need a name decision and everyone seems to like it!

    Anywho it is so nice to meet you! I love that blogging helps me meet people in the cyber world that I would have never met otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  12. GET OVER IT MEL. ITS NOT YELLING ITS TYPING DON'T BE DORKS. I USE CAPS AT WORK IN THE PROGRAMS AND I DON'T CHANGE IT. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T READ IT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. JUST KIDDING ANGIE, THAT'S WHY I ADDED THE HE HE HE! I miss your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wo. Are you on those herbs or whatever again? Those ones that make you aggressive? Cause I thought you might take Mel out... Kinda scary, especially in all caps.

    ReplyDelete