Thursday, June 22, 2006

One of those days...

You know you're having a good day when...


... It's rainy and cool enough that your baby finally gets to wear the cute outfit you've been waiting for weeks to put him in.

... You have a date with a whole bunch of ladies from your church and they're bringing presents and food.

... You are gifted with words from the heart that encourage you and inspire you to be a better Mommy.

... You finally get to try the new blizzard Dairy Queen cake and it's an Oreo one! (Not only that, but for some reason Yorkton Dairy Queen cakes are the best I've ever tasted. Ask anyone from Ben's party and they'll tell you the same thing.)

... After all of the showering you walk out of the church with presents for both of your babies and stunning flowers that you managed to commandeer for yourself.

Yup. A good day. Thanks Shirley! We all had a lovely time. I think we need to do some kind of shower for you very soon... I feel the need to reciprocate. ;)

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great day. Showers are a lot of fun especially if it's for you. I still have not mailed Sam's gift. With Robyn being in the hospital, I just completely forgot. I am sure going to try to get it off before the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear that you had such a great day. Your family is an awesome reason to have a party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of shower could you have for me? I don't have a baby. How about a..."I think you're pretty swell" shower? Or..."nice new capri's shower"?! Or a "look at those great ankles" shower. I'm sure I could come up with something.

    But thanks for the public affirmation. I am glad I made the blogging honors list. A little righteous indignation goes a long way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always thought the term "righteous indignation" was a bit of an oxymoron...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah... And Lil never made my list either, so you weren't the only one I forgot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that you had such a wonderful day. It is days like that which seem to make up for some of the days that weren't quite so nice

    ReplyDelete