Thursday, July 27, 2006

You and you alone...

I remember having a conversation with this friend of mine (and Glen's) at Fuddruckers a long time ago. We talked about the mystery behind why he never could seem to "get the girl". My theory was timing. It seemed to me at that time that all of the girls this friend had liked had also liked him, but only at different times than he was pursuing them... It seemed like he was always too early or too late. I don't think my theory made him feel any better. Maybe worse actually.

This past weekend I had the enormous pleasure of watching this friend get married to one of the kindest, smartest, and loveliest girls I've ever met. You couldn't possibly pick a better match for Scotty. Watching the two of them together - made this romantic sap's heart melt anyways - and made me think about our conversation about timing. In the end Scotty really didn't have a problem with timing at all. It's a good thing Scotty's timing was "off" 'cause God had something so much better in store for him than all of those other relationships.

Scotty and Mabel sang this song at their wedding ceremony. I can't resist posting the lyrics along with some pictures for all of you romantic saps like me out there. (Plus a couple just for fun.)


Till Kingdom Come
Coldplay

Steal my heart and hold my tongue
I feel my time, my time has come
Let me in, unlock the door
I never felt this way before

And the wheels just keep on turning
The drummer begins to drum
I don't know which way I'm going
I don't know which way I've come

Hold my head inside your hands
I need someone who understands
I need someone, someone who hears
For you I've waited all these years

For you I'd wait till Kingdom come
Until my day, my day is done
And say you'll come and set me free
Just say you'll wait, you'll wait for me

In your tears and in your blood
In your fire and in your flood
I hear you laugh, I heard you sing
I wouldn't change a single thing

And the wheels just keep on turning
The drummers begin to drum
I don't know which way I'm going
I don't know what I'll become

For you I'd wait till Kingdom come
Until my days, my days are done
Say you'll come and set me free
Just say you'll wait, you'll wait for me
Just say you'll wait, you'll wait for me
Just say you'll wait, you'll wait for me




The whole thing kinda makes me think maybe sometimes, okay almost certainly sometimes, when I am complaining in my heart to God about how my life is turning out, about not getting that girl baby, about not getting that job, about not living in the city I'd like to be living in... Maybe I should just shut up and enjoy the ride cause maybe God's gonna pull a Scotty D on me and give me exactly what I need when I need it and it's going to be better than anything I could come up with... Maybe.

10 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more. And my gosh, are those sari's beautiful. What a lovely wedding. Really pretty song too, who sings it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh... Thanks Mel. Guess I should put that on the post... Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice to see pics of the wedding. We met Scotty and Mabel once in Saskatoon. They're very nice people. And Mabel knows a bunch of IVCF people we knew in Regina. Strange connections in the blog world! Looked like a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what great pictures! You do us Beckys proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - Im a dork. I actually have this CD. Thank God it's Friday. I'm going camping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a lovely song, and I enjoyed readingthe words.

    Reminds me of a Garth Brooks song

    ...."sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers..."

    a song that sits very deep in my heart. God knows what he has in store for us. And what we want is not always what we get. Later ( way later) do we find the reason why.

    Ok, had an internet glitch, so if this posts twice it's not my fault.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You never know the way things will work out, and often times, it's for the better, even if you don't think so at the time. He has a plan, even if it's not ours, and we should trust that He knows what He's doing. This is a very cliche thing to say (but isn't it funny, they always seem to be true):

    God works in mysterious ways.

    The wedding was beautiful, and I'm glad that they're happy together, as you can obviously see from the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pull a Scotty D. I enjoyed your blog becky. AND GUESS WHAT? Now i have a blog. Hahah...that crazy family influence got to me i guess. It was so good to see you becky. And thank you for letting me hold little Sam. I enjoyed it very much. Have a joyful day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
    »

    ReplyDelete