Friday, September 15, 2006

I was wrong. Yes, I said it.

I'm going to do something here that I don't usually do. I'm going to admit that I was wrong. After much contemplation, and a bit more experience, I can see that I said something that wasn't completely accurate.

Nursing Sam right now doesn't feel like being burned by acid at all. It only feels like that for ten minutes or so once he is finished. Initially, it actually feels a lot more like someone is peeling my nipple from my chest with a utility knife. Then after five minutes or so the pain recedes a bit and feels a bit like how I imagine it would feel to have your sore and blistered nipple yanked on with a set of pliers.

There. I hope that clears things up. I apologize for the earlier inaccuracy.

9 comments:

  1. LOL - this sounds like me trying to explain to Peter how it feels for me to have cramps. "Umm, imagine someone hitting the small of your back with a rubber hammer and bruising your tailbone. Then think of gnomes with red hot spoons trying to shell out your insides as slowly as they possibly can while occasionally stabbing you with them. From the inside out. Imagine it hurting so bad you faint." I sympathize. I'm sorry. Hope you and Sam feel much better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm... wow. :| Your description made me cringe. Oh, my. I can't imagine how you must feel. I'm also very sorry, and I hope things get better soon. For you. For Sam. And for goodness sake, your nipples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was probably the most painful thing I have ever read. I feel like I need to lay in the fetal position and rock slowly. Back and forth. Back and forth, and try to wash the image from my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gee... yeah... thanks beck... all i ever wanted in life was to know how your nipples feel after nursing... my life is complete... i can die knowing i've accomplished my purpose... thanks....

    *burns brain with acid*

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is OUCH!!! I think I would quit nursing. NO ONE can ever say you didn't give it your all.
    Auntie Mitz (feeling for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow....makes me thankful that my little one was on the bottle ALL the time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for clearing that up. I find it a lot easier to empathize with your second description. LOL

    I would be onto the bottle-feeding for sure. I hope you and Sam and your nipples are soon feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becky, I can almost feel what you describe. I can't imagine going through that. I would be a big wuss and start that boy on a bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brutal. I'd almost forgotten. You poor poor girl. High fives for making it as long as you did.

    ReplyDelete