Wednesday, November 01, 2006

My Dinasour

Ahhhh Ben... What can I say about my little dinosaur? We got him all dressed up and on our way out the door he spotted the candy jewlery we bought to hand out. He had to have one of the watches. He likes clocks. What can I say? That clock. I wish he hadn't seen it. It really slowed us down. If you've ever tried to get a toddler to walk while they have candy strapped to their wrist then you know what we went through trying to get Ben from house to house in our neighborhood. We stopped and saw his little friend Karson and then took him to see some of our neighbors and friends from church. He wasn't an angel, but he was a perfect little dinosaur...

He spotted the orange garbage bags that people put on their lawns and look like pumpkins and was certain they were giant tomatoes. When I tried to explain that they were pumpkins he emphatically stated, "No. It's a big fatatoe Mummy." He kept messing up the pictures I tried to take of him by running all over the place while calling out, "Cheese!" He really got into the whole thank you thing and thanked the people at most houses five or six times. He growled on command. He told a lady from our church he loved her, and then proceeded to help himself to more chocolate from her bowl. He told a few people he didn't want any candy and then tried to shut the door on them. He ignored all the cool fun stuff at the city-run Halloween party we took him to so he could go down this piddly little slide over and over. Then, at the end of the night he climbed into bed with me and told me, "I love you tomorrow Mummy."

These glimpses of Benjamin are meant to entice you all to visit Ben's blog by the way... I did manage to get a couple good ones in the end.

12 comments:

  1. That's amazing. I'm glad you had fun. Peter recently dropped the bomb on me that our kids aren't going door to door trick-or-treating. He just can't celebrate Halloween the way everyone else does. He believes in church harvest parties and things like that. Costumes are fine, trick or treating is not. How did we miss this in our marriage counselling?! I asked him if he was from one of those silly families who open all their presents on Christmas eve and then send their kids to bed, and he said no (thank God, and other answer and I would be single today). This though? This I never saw coming. I feel a marital discussion (aka heated disagreement aka fight) coming on. Maybe I can shut up about it until we actually have kids. I doubt it. Crap. Ben looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THERE IS NO WAY IN HECK ANY GUY WOULD TELL ME MY KIDS CAN'T GO. I WOULD JUST DO IT ANYWAY. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. same here... my kids are totally trick or treatin... that's that... i'm all for dressing a 3 year old as freddy krueger... i would do it to... the three year old wouldn't get it... but it would sure shock a lot of parents... heck yeah... i think i'm dressing our kids as freddy krueger

    ReplyDelete
  4. NO YOU'RE NOT TRAV. AMANDA WOULDN'T LET YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ang, not to start a family fued here, but he's not just ANY guy...he's the Father (or will be anyways)...don't they have equal say?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you know Ang at all? I would have thought the answer to that would be obvious.

    Also... This is supposed to be a cute happy post about how cute and happy and sweet Ben was last night. No more controversial comments allowed. I'll delete them. Don't make me delete them. Cause I'll do it. You people are sullying the joy of last night for me.

    If you wanna have a Halloween discussion, may I suggest you do it on Shirley's site, since she already opened that can of worms in a post. Maybe I'll meet you there and join in. Now, everyone write comments about how cute Ben is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *sheepishly looking down*

    Sorry Becky. Ben looked very cute last night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ben you are the cutest dinosaur I've ever seen. If you bring your costume and wear it to my house I will give you some candy. We can do the trick or treat thing anytime, right? Right! I hope you are enjoying all the candy you got. Just make sure you brush your teeth.
    Love auntie sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ben is adorable. I love the stories about how he talked to everyone. What a guy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL - sorry Becky. Ben did look adorable, so much so that I just couldn't hem in my heartbreak. I'd delete the comment, but because I'm not a beta blogger or some nonsense, it doesn't let me.
    Ben is the cutest thing ever, and I love how you write his words exactly the way he speaks them, it cracks me up every time, it's like you can hear him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ben definately makes a cute dinosaur. Gotta go and check out his blog now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Actually, I think I am coming accross more irritated than I am... Although I will still delete if I have to. Afterall, if you make a threat you have to be prepared to carry it through, it's just good parenting... Uhhh, I mean it's just good... Uhhhh... Nevermind.

    ReplyDelete