Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Clearing off my Desk

I don't have anything interesting to say, so I think now is a good time to file away some stuff that's been floating around the surface of my mind...

  1. First (and most importantly) of all: Who the hoink wrote the anonymous comment on this post asking where Ben goes to school? If I know you it would really put my mind at ease if you'd please let me know who you are. (Plus my mom's mind as she is all freaked out.) If I don't know you and you are harmless please just drop me a line telling me who you are. If you don't want to do that on the blog then drop me a line on my email which can be found by clicking on my profile and then the email link. If I don't know you and you are a crazed psycho I suppose you don't need to bother contacting me. We've put Ben's school on alert and they are watching out for strangers. (Plus there's always Ang, with her long range rifle and rock steady aim.)
  2. I really need a haircut, or a perm, or something. I've started wearing my hair wrapped up into a bun-type dealy with a pen stuck through it (then capped) to hold it in place. It's a look that goes well with my pink shoelace belt, but would probably land me on What Not To Wear without even breaking a sweat. (Not that hairdos sweat. That was imagery. Try and keep up.)
  3. I've got a job. Yes, I am officially employed outside the home. Don't go getting all excited though. It's not a teaching job. Actually, it doesn't sound like a real job at all to me. There is an indoor playground in Yorkton and I will be supervising it 2 hours a day. We'll see if this bon-bon-eating, soap-watching, lazing-around housewife can make it in the the high pressure world of the career woman. Fingers crossed. (If I don't like it I suppose my bon-bons will still be here waiting for me. And Roman.)
  4. I'm sick, which means the trip to Saskatoon for Thanksgiving, seeing my Uncle Kent and Brent, attending Gramma's 80th birthday party, and a nice week long visit to hang around at the hospital and see some friends is canceled. Dad won't be able to see me and none of my family will be able to see me for at least a week so there isn't much point. I'm very disappointed and more than a little depressed, but it can't be helped. Once I am better and we know the boys haven't caught it we'll reschedule our trip, but till then I am stuck in Dorkton, away from my family, feeling... Well... Shitty.
  5. I'm still not done painting our house. Whatever.
So. There you have it. Nice and clean. I even put all the loose paper clips into a handy little container. But will I be able to find anything now? Who can say.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I really did have some bon-bons... Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should go and get some bon-bons (take that spell check!) How much do you have left to paint? We will miss you this weekend..we are going to leave the karaoke for Christmas...Jonathan said he will participate if he can have some fortification...I said in that case we would need some fortification...so we have that to still look forward to! I'm trying to be positive here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Becky. i feel like crying. I will pray for you that you get better quickly. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and i will pray you catch that stalker!! : )

    ReplyDelete