Monday, May 19, 2008

How Do You Hold a Moonbeam In Your Hand?

What do you do with a child that happily helps you clean house, and when you thank him he says, "It's my pleasure Mommy!" You throw him a party. That's what you do.

And what do you do with a child who pouts when you bring out only the cutest birthday cake you could possibly imagine, that you made with your own two hands from scratch?You giggle like a maniac, that's what. 'Cause it's all part of who he is, and who he is is a weird amazing little nut job who you couldn't possibly love anymore than you already do. After all, there are some problems that just don't need solving.

More of Ben's Birthday here.

8 comments:

  1. The child has no guile in him. That is a virtue. Hahaha! I wish I had been there. We pretty much missed the boys birthdays this year more or less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a very nice cake. Sure better than I could do. :)
    Happy Belated birthday Ben.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This picture speaks a thousand words. Happy belated birthday, Ben.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Ben. We missed it because we were at the lake with Jonathan, Melissa and Noah. It was a great time, even if the only fish caught was a little walleye. No, not by me, but by Melissa. So sad I couldn't be at two places at once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Love it!!! Happy 4th birthday Ben.

    I remember when my mom made Noah a birthday cake (his 3rd birthday) My Mom brought it out, he was excited, and then he tasted it and said "It's all yuck! Gramas cake is all yuck" It was precious beyond measure! I remember his face like it was yesterday. He still says it like it is. It is part of him and we love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOOOO funny! I laugh out loud everytime I see this post!
    Happy 4th Birthday, you sweet little man!

    Where did you find that shirt for Ben? That's AWESOME!
    ...And are those Backyardigans on his cake?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ebay, and of course.

    (Actually there are Backyardigans on the shirt too.)

    P.S. I miss you. I think it's time for a visit. Whose turn is it?

    ReplyDelete