Thursday, June 05, 2008

You Don't Say

Picnic time for teddy bears,
The little teddy bears are having a lovely time today.
Watch them, catch them unawares,
And see them picnic on their holiday.

Yesterday, on the way into Saskatoon, we were listening to this song in the van and, to my dismay, I realized that I've been singing the words wrong for years. Until that very moment I would have sworn the song went:

 Watch them catch their underwear,

Which, of course, doesn't make any sense, but I think is much better.

In other news, I managed to secure full-time employment till the end of June. And not just any full-time employment... Full-time teaching employment, which is thrilling for me because the longest I've ever taught in any given class was about a week. (Unless you count my internship, which I don't.)

I'm at Mom and Dad's till Monday. We have the big bake sale this weekend, plus hopefully we'll manage to throw Ben a birthday party. Today I'm going to get my hair done after I pick up some Taco Time for lunch, then I'm going to a movie with my pister. (I'm so jazzed.) All is good in the life of Becky.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Becky! Very happy for you...where are the kids going to stay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought maybe they were getting to an age where I could leave Ben in charge. Just during the day though. Not at night. I mean, really... I'm only gone for three hours in the morning, I'll come home for lunch, and in the afternoon Sammy naps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let us know when you have Ben's party! We're all healthy here! And we'd love to see you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm Taco Time yum yum...

    CONGRATS ON THE JOB!!!! Whoo hooo! Hey wait a sec...who is going to hang out in the yard with me? I think we need to rethink this employment thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete