Wednesday, January 28, 2009

For Sale: Again

The offer on our house collapsed on Monday. I have to tell you, due to some very tight and rapidly approaching possession dates, I'm SO relieved.

Of course, this means the house is back on the market. Even though that means less stress, in my eyes anyways, it means more work I guess. I have lots of odd jobs to finish, (baseboards, closet doors, some painting, etc.) and now I'll have to try to keep things clean so we're always ready for viewings. It's all nice and clean today because it's the real estate agent open house. You should see this place. Actually, you probably will, because I will take pictures to remember our first house in all it's lovely sparkling clean glory. Glen and I are feeling a bit melancholy about selling it, since it is looking nicer than it ever has before. Sigh. Oh well. Hopefully the next house won't take us four years to get it to where this one is right now. It's a good thing I like painting and sawing because I see a lot of both activities in my near future...

7 comments:

  1. That's too bad. Although now you will have more time to get packed! I guess Ben and Grandma will have to start praying again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least now it won't seem to be going at the speed of light. Here's hoping for another offer very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this gives you a chance to let that agent know what price you expect for your treasured home right? Don't let that go without a fight, all that sawing and painting while pregnant is worth a LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the dad's side: unload, unload, unload. The new house is much nicer, wait till you guys see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NO WAY!!? Well, you have to have faith that God's working out the timing for everything to be perfect. Now, you have a second chance to not have as many regrets etc. I'm actually relieved, too. And... I expect some updates when you actually have time to spare!

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least your offer collapsed early on. When I sold my condo the deal collapsed ON the possession date because the money never got wired through for some dumb reason. We then set another possession date and it collapsed again for the same reason. Talk about stress!

    Randy

    ReplyDelete
  7. make that completion day not possession day.

    Randy

    ReplyDelete