Tuesday, January 20, 2009

For Sale

I really can hardly believe we're doing this. I blame Melissa. If I hadn't seen the pretty little baby room she made for Abigail I would never have got it into my head to move into a bigger house before our baby comes. (I was planning on waiting till a few months afterwards.) But I did see it. And it was very pretty. And, even though I'm fairly certain I won't manage to make a room as pretty as the one Melissa made, all of my nesting instincts screamed at me that I needed to have at least a room for the baby... So, the for sale sign went up at our house this afternoon, and we made an offer on a new house tonight. It's a little surreal, I have to tell you.

Fingers crossed.

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow Becky, the very best of luck to you two as you pursue a different home and as you look for the right buyer for your own!! May the markets "smile" on you ...I'm just so glad your not going to do all those renovations...that scared me girl! Take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good decision, Becky! If I had it to do over again, I would've moved BEFORE Olivia was born. Although all the crap that happened after we moved is the biggest factor in that.

    And I hope everything gets sold and bought quickly b/c those days and weeks of uncertainty are maddening!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you Becky, I didn't want to fix all that stuff in your old house anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow...lots of exciting things going on for you. Hope your house sells as fast as ours did. But for the record, I will say - I will NEVER again move while pregnant. It's far too exhausting. But maybe across town will be better than across country. Can't wait to see the new house...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shirley, you don't have the baby yet. Trust me... Moving with a baby is far more exhausting than moving while pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigh. I can't even IMAGINE being MORE tired than I already am... Can't. Even. Imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited for you guys! Hope yours sells right away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please phone with the play-by-play or give us fast updates on here. I'm SO happy for you! Have you heard whether your offer was accepted (providing conditions are met)? Has anyone inquired about your place?

    YAY! I'm excited for this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting! I wish I could come help you do a baby room. I love decorating and painting and such!

    ReplyDelete