Thursday, July 23, 2009

Score!

CHECK IT OUT!!!!! (Yes, I'm so excited that I'm screaming.) Mom and Ang will recognize why I didn't even try to barter the price down when I saw this at a garage sale this afternoon. I would have paid WAY more than the $3.50 they were asking for. Ho man. I am so jazzed right now. I dig the blender. I never had the blender. I just need to get some dishes now. Mom, you need to find and scan that picture you have of me playing with my kitchen many many Christmases ago.

In other news, after almost a month in Saskatoon (and Martensville), we're back in Yorkton for a week. It feels like a very long time since we've been home. This is why I haven't been very bloggy lately. Summer is generally not a very bloggy time for me, and when I don't have regular access to a computer I have even more trouble finding the motivation to sit down and write a post. It's nice to be home with access to a computer that isn't my parents'. They are pretty good at sharing, but it's just not the same.

As usual, the drive home was slightly junky with a touch of brutal thrown in, but we made it... And only several hundred bugs, one tick, and one bird had to die. (Don't ask.) Ben and Sam spent the first 2 hours at home playing with their toys and wrestling on their bunk bed and Hannah spent her very first night in her crib. She slept eleven straight hours. I had to keep sneaking into her room to make sure she was still alive. I'm pretty sure it was a fluke. We'll see how it goes tonight. Either way, it's good to be home.

Here's Hannah waking up this morning:
So that's all the news, except for one more thing i just have to throw in: A direct quote from Ben just a few minutes ago...

"Sammy, I have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is, I'm gonna play with my new car. The good news is when I'm done I will play painting with you."

Ahahahahahaha! What a strange little kid my Benjamin is. I have no idea where he got that from. Probably the Backyardigans.

8 comments:

  1. I had that same kitchen... I LOVED the blender too. It really was the best part. I played with that kitchen so much the over door fell off and the blender cord broke eventually. Good times.

    Happy playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOK AT HER!!! Just look at that little princess. She is so sweet I could just cry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely picture of your little girl. She looks happy and content after a GREAT sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will hunt for the picture just not today. It is too hot to even think of moving. I am sure it had a blender.

    I wish I would wake up that cheerful and eager to meet the day. Hurry back, I miss you all already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. man that kitchen brings back memories. i don't think we had the blender.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little girl is just beautiful. I too wish that I would wake up that happy to face a new day. Man that little girl is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hannah is SOOOOO adorable!! That is an amazing waking up picture :) Love It!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, Becky, you have the cutest kids! Sam is so cute smiling by his new toy :) and oh dear...Hannah; she just gets cuter and cuter!!!

    ReplyDelete