Thursday, November 12, 2009

From Doft

I'm supposed to post this over on The John Braun Page, and I will, but I love it so much I'm going to post it here first. For those of you who don't know the guy in this video, this is my uncle David. I just call him Doft, because that's what I've always called him. He is only a few months older than me and grew up with us, so even though he's my dad's brother, he feels more like my brother than my uncle. I ♥ him.

Anyways. He wrote this song for Dad. And it's so beautiful. Have a listen.

7 comments:

  1. That is such a good song. It still makes me cry, which I knew I would before I watched it. Thanks Uncle David for writing it.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was beautiful and powerful. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a mushball at work. :o)

    thank you for sharing that!!

    xoxoxoxoxox
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that song (thanks for recording it, Dave). I know that if Dad were somehow here, it's exactly what he'd say. I feel like he is here when I hear your song, and somehow ... things are a little bit better. Thank-you.

    ReplyDelete