Sunday, November 22, 2009

New Swoon

I had a lovely time tonight, even though a crazy shaman woman put bad magic on me. But more about that later. First, have a look at this:
Can you guess where I went? You can? If you read my friend Jen's blog at all, you should also be able to guess who I went with. That's the fancy envelope and tickets she decorated just for tonight's big event. And I have to tell you, I don't think I've enjoyed a night out at the movie's this much in... Ever?

Usually I don't like watching movies with a bunch of people I don't know, but every now and then there's nothing like watching a movie surrounded by a group of strangers. Like tonight. The movie was great, better than the first, but it was made even better by the giggling teens and crazed teens-at-heart. I laughed myself silly when "Jacob" took of his shirt accompanied by a chorus of "Woo hoo!" and applause all around me. Actually, I was already laughing from when it happened during a preview with Rob. SO. MUCH. FUN.

I was hexed though. Which explains why I forgot to put ketchup on my hotdog. AND why my feet WERE very cold. And why I just about didn't notice in time that the bathroom stall I was in had no toilet paper. That was a close one.

I suppose I shouldn't make fun, but it's hard not to make fun of a person who tells you she's a shaman and that she's putting bad medicine on you (with something in her purse) because you switched lines to stand with your mom and ordered your nachos in front of her. The poor frightened British woman behind me, and my mom when I told her about it later, were more concerned than I was. It's hard not to laugh in someone's face when they tell you they're going to make sure you have the worst night of your life, when you know darned well that spot was already taken. Sorry lady. You missed it by about two months.

Awe, that's still making it too serious. The real reason I'm really not concerned is this:
In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you. John 14:20

And I really did have a fab time, from beginning to end. So, not a very effective hex.

And speaking of hexes, did I ever tell you about the time my uncle's partner Brent was hexed by a Swiss woman for making her fondu recipe with lowfat cheese? True story. Remind me to tell you about it sometime. I'm going to bed now, to dream of Jacob and Edward. Sigh. I never expected this to happen, but I was almost converted over to team Jacob tonight... Almost. But not quite. I mean, come ON.
COME on! Of course, you can't see his nipples here, which is a good thing. (See Melissa`s blog for more on that.)

Thanks Jen. That was SO fun.

Whoops. One more thing. Mom just googled
"Edward's Nipple" and apparently, I'm not the only one who was appalled by what I saw at the clock tower. LOL.

7 comments:

  1. I love this post.

    You were hexed?! C'mon. You have to be the only person I know who something like that would happen to. Probably because you're the only person I know who has enough grace to laugh about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was hexed one day at work by an old Chinese woman because she didn't want to miss the bus back to China town. Being the bad person I was, I made her GET IN LINE instead of shoving her chips in front of the lady who was already at the counter in the middle of a transaction.
    The old Chinese women do this almost every week. The bus to China town leaves the same time each Monday. 6pm. The old ladies don't want to leave their tables to cash out on time to head out to the bus. They rush up at the last minute and try to shove their chips in front of whatever customers are already at the counter and then put on the "no speakee the Engrish, I'm just a stupid old Chinese woman who doesn't know the rules, come on don't you want to let me cut in line here?" act. They run up to the counter shouting, "The bus, the bus, the bus!"
    It would be funny if it was occasional, but it's EVERY SINGLE WEEK.
    Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Melanie...only you could have such grace about it - I love it that you laugh at it, and even more that you have a bible verse at the ready. Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup. It was fun. We HAVE to do it again when the next one comes out. I posted a picture for you over on my blog. It has nipples.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you are alive. I was worried.

    Thank Jen for me for the lovely tickets. She was always busy talking to people so I didn't break up the conversation to say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. if i tell you that i just went and googled Edward nipple would you judge me?? haha - sooo funny!
    oh - and TEAM JACOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man! this is hilarious! I am sorry about your misfortune with the woman hexing you. But seriously. This is the best story EVER! It just makes me laugh. As for New moon. I was practically drooling during this movie. I might just go and get a shirt that says "I <3 Edward".

    ReplyDelete