Monday, November 09, 2009

Today

It's not a good day. It's hard to know what to write on a day like this. But I have this idea I've been meaning to put out there for all of you, and today seems appropriate.

I've been thinking about The John Braun Page. It's a little depressing to me that it, all of it, ends with the funeral. I was thinking... It would be nice to have some posts on there from all of us. Posts saying goodbye, or telling a funny story, or sharing who Dad was to each of us. I would like that. So I'm hoping that people will send me their "tributes" and I can post them. Don't let the word "tribute" weigh you down though. Maybe all you have are some song lyrics. Whatever. If you'd like to say it, I'd like to post it.

I'll start.

(You can send your post to my email address, (ykcebmail@yahoo.ca) or as a message on facebook, and I'll put it up on the page.)

6 comments:

  1. I think that is such a good idea! I am also so happy that you haven't removed it. I go there all the time just to well...go there. I don't know how not to. Same as his blog. To me it feels like he is still there if I can read what he wrote and I can so clearly picture him in my mind and even hear his tone of voice. I will think of something and send it to you.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea. Good thinking! I will look forward to reading the posts. Even the ones like yours that make me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will read the posts too, I think it's a really great idea.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Becky. I did not want to leave it like it was either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. This is a great idea. I still go back there sometimes, and I agree, it would be nice to have... I don't know. I have a story I wanted to share but... I'm not too good with public speaking, but I didn't know how to do it. I'll get something together and I'll send it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I keep gong back there too. Not too sure what I am expecting...maybe one last post from John from Heaven telling us all about it and reassuring us that he is Ok? Don't know. But this will be nice.

    ReplyDelete