Sunday, December 13, 2009

On My Mind

Yeah. I can't do it. At least not all of it. I can't think of anything tonight.

Except, this Spring when Dad was in University Hospital, I took Ben and Sam to visit him. When we left Dad stood in his window so we could wave at him from the parking lot. And when we drove away he was still standing there.

I picture him standing there so small in one of so many windows... Getting smaller as we drove away, and then out of sight. It was excruciating to leave him there that day.

I miss him.

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to do it for you. But not tonight. I can't think of anything tonight either. Except how GREAT it was to talk to you today. I could do that every day. If was going to write today I would say that today you are one of my favorite things. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( Thinking of you Becky! You are an amazing women!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your Dad was extraordinary; you should a write a book about him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do, too. And I miss you. And I love you.

    ReplyDelete