Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What's Up

I thought I'd give you a quick rundown of what's been going on around here. Just because my plan was to get back to blogging.

  • My other plan was to make a quilt for Ben this week. They get these patches in Beavers that are just "fun" patches that don't go on their uniforms. Their leader suggested us moms could sew the extra patches onto a favourite blanket. Of course, I have to take it over the top as usual, and I want to make him a cute camping quilt to sew the patches on. That was my plan anyways.
  • I have no laptop right now. Hannah poured Diet Pepsi into the keyboard and I'm waiting for it to dry. Actually, I'm waiting for the water I poured into to it to rinse out the Diet Pepsi to dry. It's been a week now. I'm scared to turn it back on.
  • Ben is wearing a tie to school pictures tomorrow. I bought a new sweater for him to wear, but he wants to wear his shirt and tie. I love him.
  • Hannah's new phrase is "Go away." Yesterday when she talked to Ang on the phone that's all she said. "Go away." Ha ha! Classic.
That's pretty much it. Except for this:
  • This is the worst September ever. I would have said last year was, because it was so stressful and I was so worried about Dad, but at least he was here for me to worry about. I miss him more every day. Today Hannah did something sort of cute and all I wanted was to be able to call him to tell him about it. It was the kind of thing that everyone else would think was boring. But Dad wouldn't. Living through this whole year without him is complete crap, but even thinking about living the whole rest of my life without him is much crappier.
That's it.

3 comments:

  1. First: I love that you are over the top. It's so much like me. I want to write a book for Bella and get it illustrated and self published before Christmas. I'm nuts. What does something like that even cost? You'd think I'd know before I got my heart set on it, but no, not me.

    Second: I love Ben. I love that he wants to wear a tie. So cute. SO CUTE!

    Third: I'm sorry about your laptop. I've had mine just over a month and I can't imagine life without it. Ever.

    Fourth: I'm sorry about September. And October, and every month afterward without him. I would not find the story about Hannah boring, I promise. I know it's nothing of the same thing, but you know my number. I think. Here it is, with spaces, like I know you like: 250.585.4725 I'm home a lot. A LOT.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see the picture. Please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. Completely understand.
    How lucky our kids were to have such awesome Grandpa's. How crappy that they aren't here.
    I am sure that they can see all the cute things the little girls are doing. (maybe even comparing notes :)

    Hugs to you!
    I don't have any other words. I know how empty they can sound. I will be praying for you today.

    ReplyDelete