Thursday, November 25, 2010

Slipped Away

I sort of wish this wasn't an Avril song. It would make it much easier to admit how much I like it. Well, "like" makes it sound like I enjoy it, like it makes me happy, which isn't exactly right, it makes me sad. Obviously.

I miss you,
Miss you so bad
I don't forget you,
Oh it's so sad.
I hope you can hear me, I remember it clearly...

The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same.

I didn't get around to kiss you
Goodbye on the hand.
I wish that I could see you again
I know that I can't.

I had my wake up
Won't you wake up,
I keep asking why
And I can't take it.
It wasn't fake
It happened, you passed by.

Now you're gone,
There you go,
Somewhere I can't bring you back.

Now you're gone,
There you go,
Somewhere you're not coming back.

The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same.
I miss you.

I wish someone, I don't know, maybe a grown-up, would redo it. Or maybe not, because maybe part of what makes it so beautiful is how childish it sounds. How lost. It was no surprise to find out she wrote it for her grandpa who died while she was away on tour, because it says exactly how it is and how it feels when someone you love is just gone... One minute there, the next minute not. And you almost have to convince yourself, to tell yourself over and over, that it really happened. And all you can say, all you are left with, is the missing.

2 comments:

  1. I like many of Avril's songs, the thoughtful stuff anyway. May God grant you peace and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly enjoy Avril's music. Well, not every piece of it, but most of it. I don't know if I've heard this song, though, because lately I've been listening to the same thing over and over, which I do occasionally. I will have to check it out. And it is very true about the suddenly being gone. I still remember it clearly how Brian was suddenly gone. Not there anymore. No more telephone calls and long talks about nothing. I still miss the sound of his voice and his funny little laugh. I still miss having someone with whom I could talk hours and hours with no rules, lots of interruptions and so many rabbit trails, we never got back to whatever the heck the main subject was. It's been a long time and the hole has never been filled. Making myself sad. Better stop. But I think it's good to listen to songs like that so you can feel sad and cry things out once in awhile. Or even daily.
    I love you, Becky. I know it's not the same as what you miss, but it's something.

    sestiona

    I just ate turkey and wish I could take a sestiona.
    Hmmm....lol.

    ReplyDelete