Monday, November 28, 2011

Sad

I've been following this blog for a while now. Ever since Kristian posted this video for his wife Rachel's birthday on YouTube:

Kristian reminds me of my dad in some ways. One way, of course, is the cancer. The other ways... His trust in God, his deep love of his family, his hope, his courage and strength, his love of life. I read the things he says and it's like I can hear dad. Kristian wrote down a lot of his struggles and his triumphs throughout his fight, and so often I felt like he was giving me a look into what my dad would have been feeling.

Now he's dying. He's dying and he has two little boys and a wife that he loves so much and it's breaking my heart. I know I don't really know him. I know I've only ever known him through what he chooses to share on his blog, but I think about him every day and I can't believe he's dying. I thought he was going to beat it. I thought I was going to watch him fight this battle with the cancer I hate, and I thought he would beat it with God's help.

I just don't understand.

Anyways, someone posted this song in the comments section for Kristian. It helps a little, but not a lot.

Pray for him. And his family. The world is losing another amazing husband and dad to stupid STUPID cancer, and it's just not fair.

3 comments:

  1. This is so sad. I agree with you...Stupid stupid cancer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I am at school, and trying to hard not to just bawl right now. I hate hate hate hate hate cancer.

    ReplyDelete