Thursday, November 27, 2014

A+


We went to our kids' student led conferences today. They are all doing peachy keen. They're happy, respectful, hard working, and successful students. It's nice not to have to worry about them at school, I know it's not the same for everyone. We're lucky.

And I laughed today when Hannah's gym teacher asked if she had been up late last night, or if she was getting sick because she cried in class when she couldn't do some kind of throw thing. Oh dear. I warned her regular classroom teacher, and her dance teachers, but I can't warn all of them. So much crying.

I remember crying a LOT in grade two. I thought my teacher hated me, and I'm sure I cried almost every day. I read my record card comments from that year, and it's so obvious she liked me, and I was way too sensitive. And that she didn't know why I cried all the time. Or what to do about it. Luckily, for Hannah and her teachers she has a mommy who has been there. And I can assure them that Hannah Grace is happy. And not to worry too much about the crying, other than to remind Hannah that some things are worth crying over, and others, like how to throw a ball, aren't.

But the best part of today was talking to Hannah at supper time about what her teacher had said, and Hannah telling us that yes, she cried, but she was fine right away. "Because Mrs. Zimmer kissed me. And that always makes me feel better." Right on her head, apparently.

We're so lucky. It's hard to send your kids out into the world "on their own," but so much easier when you know they are happy and thriving, and when they're not, someone will give them a kiss to make it better. Lucky, lucky, lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment