Want to know the truth?

Sometimes I feel resentful when God helps us with the little stuff like providing money to get our cars fixed and helping us find our lost wallets, but seems to ignore our pleas when it comes to big stuff like healing friends with cancer and saving dying children. It is a bit of a stumbling block for me. I feel like I should be able to prioritize God's tasks. "Okay God, this is an important one, so take care of this before you go finding anyone a job." I know it isn’t up to me to tell God what needs to happen and in what order. I know it doesn't work that way. Sometimes I really wish it did though. I just really, REALLY do.

Comments

  1. wow, i'm just a random surfing blogger, but i completely agree with you. i think he really needs to sort his priorities.

    well, *blush* i actually don't believe in god. i believe in other spiritual things, like... spirits and a simple afterlife where everyone goes. sylvia brown kind of stuff.

    if i still believed in him though, you'd make a strong point.

    keep up the good blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Sorry... my point wasn't to say I think God has bad priorities. I know He loves all of us more than we can imagine and I do trust Him... sometimes I just wish I could tell God what to do. I have come to realize over the years though, that I very frequently want things that are bad for me and I make choices that hurt me and others. So I'm glad I can't tell God what to do. (If I could, I would have had a girl baby instead of Ben... and ohhhhh, that thought breaks my heart!)

    I have also come to know that God loves me with a love that stretches to cover all my mistakes and all my fears. His priority is for me to know Him and love Him. I often find it hard to see the big picture and to understand everything He does. That's the point of faith and trust though. I have faith that He's there and I try to trust that if I give my life to Him, He will guide me and save me from destruction. That doesn't mean life doesn't ever get hard or I am never in pain, it just means I know who is ultimately in charge and I know that the One in charge LOVES ME!

    Thanks so much for reading and for your comments. I know you might not believe this, but I still have to say it. There is a God and He loves you and me with a love that is too big to even comprehend. I hope you can have that as part of your life some day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Becky needs"

Last Year

Another One For My List