Shameless Begging

This morning the babysitter that was supposed to watch the boys during my job interview didn't show up so I quickly took the boys to a FABULOUS friend's house just down the street. (Just so you comprehend the magnitude of this favor... She has a two year old and a 5 month old AND she took them with absolutely no notice. Friends like that are hard to come by.) Anyways. When we got there Sam was already screaming. I felt terrible leaving her holding my maniac baby and was so flustered and distracted by the whole situation I almost wasn't the first one to finish the little test you have to do to work for Census Canada. (Almost. Not quite.)

Anyways. (I'm babbling because I'm excited.) When I made it back to her house two hours later there was Sam sleeping peacefully. Apparently, he stopped screaming the second she put him in this thing:
It vibrates people. Sam cried when I took him out of it. I've been thinking about whether I should try one, but didn't want to pay the big bucks if it just ended up being like the swing we already have. (Ben loved it. Sam doesn't like it. Go figure.) Now we've tried one for free and the results were... I have no words.

So. For those of you who have been asking me if there's anything that I need for the new baby. I need this. I want this. That's all I have to say.

Comments

  1. I hope if you get Sam one that it works for him. Amazing how siblings can be so different, and what works for one, is not suitable for the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You realize of course that on a public blog such as this you may now get 20 of these things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Becky,
    your wish is my command!
    I'm so sorry I haven't been in touch. I read your blog all the time. I hope this soothes Sam and helps you get some much needed rest! I love all the pics, and Ben sure is cute!
    with much love,
    Trish
    (what that means is Sears is delivering one of these things to your door this week! love you!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually Shirley I was expecting to need to get one for myself... It was kind of wishfull thinking and really a bit of a joke. I forgot that Trish reads my blog though. You don't know her, but she is the most generous person I know.

    P.S. Is that how you spell "wishfull"? Yoy. I'm tired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you got your bouncy chair, Becky. Those things are great. Luke loves his too. He has the exact one. The vibrating thing is really cool and works like a charm. Luke loves his chair more than his swing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, let's hope you get it if it works as well as it seems. Sounds fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. See what a little shameless begging gets you? :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Becky needs"

Last Year

Iritis Math