Imaginary Goodness


A little known fact about me is that I crave imaginary pizza (and spaghetti... and tacos... and chinese food... and actually all imaginary food). I love toy pizza. I always wish I could really eat it. Same with pizza on cartoons. I wish I could call up Pizza Hut and order a pizza and when it got here it would look just like it does in a cartoon like The Simpsons. And you know that scene in Conspiracy Theory where Mel Gibson sends a pizza to Julia Roberts and she brings it out to him and then he takes it from her and eats it in the car? Oh man. I love that scene. And it's not Mel. It's the imaginary pizza. How come pizza never looks like that in real life? On TV and in movies it is always in these huge slices and it's all droopy and... Oh man. (It's the same with Chinese food in make believe world. Like the Chinese food that they're always ordering on Seinfeld. It's always in those cool boxes and it comes with chopsticks and the noodles look so goooooood.) Maybe it's just because it's Saskatchewan take-out and not New York take-out.

Whatever it is I want their food and not mine. Or at least I did until tonight. We got pizza and it looked just like cartoon or toy pizza. Even Glen, knowing my previously unfulfilled longing, commented on it before I got the chance to. I think whoever cut it must have messed up cause it was in these giant pieces and I got extra sauce so it was all droopy, but not in that bad way that means it didn't get cooked enough. It was thin crust and the pepperoni was on top of the cheese so it looked just like it does on TV. I slapped a piece on Glen's plate and he looked at it and said, "This looks like cartoon pizza."

Sometimes marriage is boring because you know way too much about each other and sometimes it's fabulous because the other person gets it without you even having to explain.

Now I can cross "Eat Imaginary Pizza" off my list of things to do before I die. I wonder where I can get some imaginary spaghetti?

Comments

  1. Crap. Is that the time? I gotta go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you actually stay awake that late? Hey ... are you on something? LOL
    This craving for imaginary food is something I never knew about you Becky. I am glad you have a husband who knows you so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny. I was at the nutritionist the other day, and she had all these great samples of "rubber" food. Soup, chicken, cheese, banana... You would have been in heaven. Had I known of your secret longings, I would have tried to smuggle them out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky probably was staying up late designing her sims house.

    I think that the chinese food in the box looks awesome. Remember when we saw those boxes in superstore in the forzen food section and we got all excited about it and bought them? and they were gross?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of the chinese we order here comes in the cool little boxes. I completely understand your fascination with them. (which is why I did them for my wedding favors - they just look so cool).

    ReplyDelete
  6. And oh my gosh, do I love the Sims. But all I do is make the house and yard, then the people, then play in the house for two days, and then I want to build another house again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I had no idea. That is what is so nice about these blogs, you get to know a person. Love your blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always thought it would be great to eat plastic toy food. It always looks good, for some reason. And I love the little chinese food boxes, I want to find a place that delivers those, I really want them. Just to eat chinese food out of a box sounds awesome. And I loved your wedding favors, Mel! I didn't even open it and eat the candy because they were so cute, and I still have them. I want to put them somewhere. Kyle thinks I'm strange. He ate his candy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is hilarious! But I definatly know what you mean. Archie comics always have yummy looking imaginary pizza! Man, now I want some!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog Becky! I had no idea about your 'secret' craving...but I can totally see you having it! Remember the pizza we shared at your house? It was good, but definitly not cartoon pizza. You said you crossed it off of your list? Are you a list person too?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where did you get that pizza??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here are some links that I believe will be interested

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
    »

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
    »

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Becky needs"

Last Year

Another One For My List