I'm Working On It

I've been meaning to do this for a while now, but Aunty Mitz and Robyn's dilemma has hurried me along. Blogger has these new beta accounts that let you do all kinds of snazzy new things. I've been meaning to switch everything over, but I've just been too lazy. One of the features allows you to keep your blog completely private except for the people you send an invitation to via email.

I'm testing it out with Ben's blog and have already encountered a few glitches. One thing I don't like is that it really works easier for visitors if you get a google account, and I don't want everyone to have to do that. You can avoid it by clicking on the link in your email invitation and then selecting "continue as guest", but that means you have to keep that link. I recommend bookmarking it instead of the actual blog address. The other thing that is a bit irritating right now is that I've managed to put all three of "my" blogs onto one account and I have lost Ben and Sam's profiles as well as the ability to write their posts and have them signed as anything other than "Becky". Which probably won't bother most of you, but it bugs the heck out of me.

I wanted to try it out for Auntie Mitz and Robyn's sake, and I am happy to report that it should work quite nicely for their purposes. It is a bit of a pain to set up at the start because you have to send invitations to all the people you want to be able to see your blog, but once that part is done I think they will be happy with the new beta accounts. Everything pretty much works the same or better and I'm pretty happy with the idea of keeping the boys' blogs private so I give the new beta accounts two thumbs up.

Anyways, if you didn't get an invitation in your email and you would still like to be able to see Ben and Sam's blogs just email me. You can do that by going into my profile and under contact there is an email link that you can click. Just make sure you tell me who you are cause I might not recognize your email address. If you aren't a family member I'm gonna need a recent RCMP criminal records check and a DNA sample. (Just kidding, just tell me who you are. I'm not trying to keep all strangers out, I'm just trying to make it a little more difficult for pervs to see my gorgeous little angels.)

Comments

  1. Okay, Ang is already having problems getting into Ben's blog. (The only one I made private so far.) If this is too much trouble I'm going back to public. Let me know if you can or can't get in okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got on...but it's late..nad I've had alot of wine... but I think I've signed on eofor something...not sure..

    ask me tomorrow..

    BIG HUGS>.
    love you...
    trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...I have recent criminal record check but I hope that I am considered family now...but it you really want it I can show it to you:)

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great Becky. I would gladly go through a bit of crap to get onto your blog. I would desperately miss being able to see your cute boys and all the interesting things you always have to say. I just HATE that there are sicko's out there wrecking it for us. But I am going to try the private blog and if it's not to hard, I will definitely keep blogging and I know Robyn will too.
    Thanks so much.
    Auntie Mitz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Auntie Mitz,

    I think you are the only one. Everyone else is whining like crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Becky needs"

Last Year

Another One For My List