So Proud!

Today I dropped Ben off for preschool all by himself. (The last two weeks I have been the parent helper.) First we dropped off Glen at the high school. Then we drove the block or so to Ben's school. I unbuckled him from his car seat, set him on the sidewalk, and turned to get Sam. Ben said, "Okay, go then." LOL. He wanted me to just leave him in front of his school the way we leave Daddy. What a kid.

He is loving preschool. When I came to pick him up, his class was just on the way back from the nearby train park. Most of them were running helter-skelter, but a few of the more sedate children, including my little man, were doing as they had been instructed... Walking calmly along, holding onto Sammy the Snake. SO cute. (He was so engrossed in the snake and his teacher he didn't even notice me there on the street.) Ben really seems to be getting the hang of this school thing with no troubles. I'm so proud of him. I peeked in the window in the door after they got back to the classroom and watched him dance and do some of the actions to the songs his fabulous teacher, Mrs. Haider, was singing and performing for them. He looks so little from far away... Sigh. I want to hold onto him tighter at the same time as I feel so proud and happy that he is "out there on his own" a little, and DOING GREAT!

Comments

  1. I seriously can't wait to see you today, Ben! I want to hear all about preschool and Sammy the snake! FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man. Does that ever bring back memories of dropping Jack off at his daycare in Martensville. Sandy Durant is the most amazing woman when it comes to managing kids. It was a daycare, but the way she ran it, it was more like a preschool. Ben is so cute holding on to that snake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what school is he going to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you growing up and gaining your independance. What a guy. Maybe you will be grown up enough to spend a few days at grandma and grandpa's house this summer. Be a long trip back to bring you home if it doesn't work though. Love you. Grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky I need you to put up a new identity photo of me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute. Thanks for sharing.
    Uhhh. . . Becky . . . why didn't you post anything about your anticipation of Grey's Season Opener? Are you still a fan?
    I am. And yesterday, as usual, I cried while I watched. A lot. There's just something about that show. . . .
    Can't wait to hear your thoughts on: the absence of Burke; the invasion of the interns; Callie in general. What do you have to say?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't mentioned it yet because I haven't seen it. I taped it because I had company (Ang Kasper) and it is currently waiting for me on top of our VCR... (I've learned not to keep tapes in there because Sammy has pressed record and taped over shows I wanted to see before.) I'm not going to even bother putting it in till Glen is home and can watch the boys. I know it will require my FULL attention. LOL. I'm so JAZZED!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And Annonymous? Who are you? And why are you asking such a creepy question?

    (He goes to a military preschool by the way. The teachers are all packing heat, and by next week most of the preschoolers will have earned their automatic weapon certificates and will have their own guns. Ben's the top of his class in marksmanship and crotch kicking. He's following in his mommy's footsteps as I scored very high on castration and knife skills in preschool myself.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Becky: I hope I didn't give anything overly important away in my comment. If I did, I'M SO SORRY! I should not have assumed that you got to watch it last night. Sheesh! Me and my big mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No... I don't mind knowing what is going to happen before I watch things. I hate suspense.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you forgot to mention that his auntie is a sniper.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Becky needs"

Last Year

Iritis Math