Candle Advent

Ahhhh... It feels good to be able to decide whether I want to blog or not. We've been pretty busy over here the last few days, plus I'm still getting over my dumb cold, so it's been nice to have one less thing to do. I'm missing reading all the blogs that were also doing NaBloPoMo though, so I figured if I was missing them, maybe they were missing me, and maybe I should write a post.

This is mostly just a copy-cat of one of my favorite daily reads, so the person I'm copying probably won't be as entertained as the rest of you. (And neither will my mom since she reads this blog too.) Jen always has fabulous ideas for crafts, and baking, and kids stuff. (She's pretty much super-mom. If you don't believe me, check out her blog.) Here's one of her ideas that I really loved and am shamelessly stealing:It's our candle advent calendar. The boys each have one of those cheap chocolate ones (with the little doors) that they open first thing every morning. (I don't even make them wait till after breakfast.) This candle one is for the evening. We light the candles (three tonight) and then read stories by the light of the candles and the Christmas tree. It's a lovely way to end the day and the boys love choosing which candles to light (they have to save the pillar for Christmas day though) and then listening to their stories and finally blowing out their candles before bed. I can't wait to see how it looks all lit up!

Thanks so much for the idea Jen! (I think we're going to have to try your reindeer craft tomorrow. Too cute!) You make me want to be a better mom.

Comments

  1. There is nothing wrong with striving for higher ideals, but I think you are a darn good mom already. That candle thing is a great way to bring on Christmas. Its me again (dad) and not your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe. You are too sweet. Seriously though, from what I read you are a pretty amazing Mom already. And you have a pretty amazing family. You are all so close and have such strong connections.

    Now that's what I call inspiring!
    I know you and your family have been thrown some pretty rotten curve balls right now.

    For what it's worth, you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Becky needs"

Last Year

Another One For My List