Fine. I'll do it.
I've been tagged on facebook about 25 times to post "25 random things about me" so I figure I should give this a go. Plus, my sister-in-law did hers, and it was awesome. Mine won't be as awesome because I feel way too dumb to do this and because I'm not as awesome, but I'd like to be. Taking all that into consideration, I'm going to cut myself some slack and just post 25 random things about me and other stuff. Here goes:
- Lately, when Ben gets mad at Glen or me, he tells us that he's going to marry someone else. Who is that someone else? You can't guess? It's Grampa. Tonight was the latest episode. I told him, "Fine. Call Grampa and tell him." Then I started dialing the phone. "You tell Grampa why you want to marry him instead of us, and ask him if that sounds okay." He got embarrassed and told me he'd changed his mind. LOL. I totally called his bluff and it totally worked.
- (I'm already out of random things. Hmmm... Do dee do... Uhhhhh... Got one.) Sammy wanted some of my nachos tonight and I told him they were too hot and would burn his little tongue so he got out his bubble blowing fan thingy and proceeded to "cool" them off.
- We signed all the mortgage papers at the bank today. We're going to keep back some of the profit we make off of this house and I have big and wild fantasies about spa tubs and glass tile in the kitchen. Glen says we have to pay off our credit cards. This causes me to make a farting noise with my lips which causes Sammy to resume his farting noises.
- Sammy has been making farting noises with his lips for the last two days. We can't make him stop.
- I missed Grey's Anatomy this week. I've been meaning to watch it on the computer, but I hardly ever get to use this thing anymore.
- My favorite color is green. I think this may be one of the many reasons I find winter to be so depressing.
- Water is incredibly soothing to me. I love baths. LOVE THEM. I also love sitting beside, or looking at, any sort of water. This can be in a swimming pool, at a beach, or beside a river. It can even be our tiny plastic paddling pool in our backyard. I love walking in puddles. My first trip to the ocean blew my mind. "Peace washing over me" is a completely literal explanation of how water makes me feel.
- It's really hard to keep your house PERFECTLY clean with two little kids.
- It's even harder when your stupid pregnancy nausea comes back full force two months before you are due to give birth. Frickin. (Since I'm whining here, I'll also mention that I'm back on stupid diclectin, which makes me so tired that I feel like I'm going to pass out most afternoons if I don't take a nap. Now I'm grumpy.)
- (Glen, don't read this one.) I am not happy with my new camera and I want to buy another one. (Don't tell Glen.)
- (Holy crap. This is only 11? How did the rest of you people come up with 25 of these things? Ummmm... Here's one:) When I was little I always named my Barbies Sylvia. I got the name from the back of some beautiful high school student's grad jacket. She lived right across the street from the hockey rink, and sometimes I followed her home. (She had no idea. I don't think. I'm pretty sure anyways.)
- When I am pregnant I mostly just look like I've gained weight. I don't get that cute, round, beachball belly that many women get. That's part of the reason why I may pat yours if you happen to be one of those women.
- I like Starbucks and NOT Tim Horton's. I hate Tim Horton's.
- I'm chatting with one of my Aunty Margarets on facebook right now. I have three Aunty Margarets. This one likes 24 and she's going to watch it in a couple minutes.
- (15? Seriously? This is SO hard.) Can one of my random facts be that I think 25 random facts is way too hard? It can if I say it can, and I say it.
- The other thing that I've been fantasizing about using some of our house money for is to get my teeth fixed this year. I hate my teeth and thus, I hate my smile, and thus I hate getting my picture taken. This makes me sad for one reason: I have hardly any pictures of my mom and me together when I was little and I wish I had more. I want the boys to have more pictures of me with them, but not enough to want to be in the pictures very often. Sigh.
- Sammy is here now. On me. He wants me to go onto YouTube and play some videos for him. I'm going to let him watch one video, "Did you hear that Sammy? ONE song." I'll tape it for you so you can watch too:
Sigh. He wants another song. "I want dat one."
"I told you, only one song Sammy." (Now he's crying.)
- As I've already mentioned, I'm not on the computer very much lately, and YouTube is one of the main reasons. Ben and Sam hog the computer for hours watching videos on YouTube.
- At this very moment Hannah is totally kicking the crap out of me.
- I say "totally" and "crap" more than I probably should.
- In case my last post made you wonder, I peed 27 times yesterday. I kept track in my purple polka-dot notebook for 24 hours. If 27 times doesn't seem like a lot to you, then think about the fact that I did go for 2 or 3 stretches of 2 or 3 hours at a time without peeing during the night. And I managed to hold it all the way through church.
- (22. Almost there. Thank goodness. Ummm...) I don't like having long fingernails. I keep mine very short. Usually, I cut them as soon as they have any white showing.
- I bet I have at least 20 pairs of pajamas. 10 of them are pairs I wear on a daily basis. I could use a few more pairs.
- Today we opened new accounts at the Bank of Montreal. Because we are using some of the house money to pay off our dumb student loans, we don't have to have Royal Bank accounts anymore. This makes me really happy, since I hate the Royal Bank almost as much as I hate Tim Horton's. See ya lata suckas! We are outa here!
- I say I hate things more than I probably should.
- Want one more random thing about me? I hate it when people say "You can do anything you put your mind to." That's bull crap. You can't do anything just because you put your mind to it. For example: I couldn't be an NHL hockey player. It's a complete impossibility. Neither could I make my hair grow faster just by pulling on it, or eat 100 gallons of ice cream in one day. It just can't be done. Sometimes you just have to face facts. Deal with that.