Three Days to Go!

Yoiks. It always feels like it takes forever to get to this point and then when I get here I wonder how it happened. I have to tell you that it totally weirds me out to think about a fully-formed, ready-to-be-born baby moving around inside of me. Isn't that weird? She could come out today and be a baby! An actual baby who would open her eyes and look at me and hold my finger in her little hand. When I watch my stomach shift around I can hardly believe it. Even after two other pregnancies I can hardly wrap my brain around it. She won't seem real to me until they lift her up above the curtain and put her on my chest.

I. Can't. Wait.

And still, every time when the day gets close I get this feeling of wanting to keep my baby inside of me. I always think of how empty I'll feel without her moving around while I fall asleep at night, which is ridiculous because I never do feel empty with a brand new baby in my arms instead of my stomach. I think about my baby's life, and all the things that could and will hurt and frighten them when they come out and I can't help but feel a little bit like it would be nice if they just stayed put. Of course, those are just flitting thoughts that quickly pass and are replaced by one overwhelming feeling:

I. Can't. Wait.

But I have to. So, in the meantime I'm going to try to put some order to our basement family room and the boys' new playroom. Moving at the end of a pregnancy does have some perks after all... Distraction.

Comments

  1. Hooray for three more days!

    I really wish we could sit down and visit sometime!

    (And today I wish I could see you simply so I could rub your belly while there's still a baby in there.)

    :)

    Take care. And get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Why does it not surprise me that you would be a belly rubber? I would let you too, so it is too bad you can't pop in for a visit.

    I'm resting right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The night Sam was born I held him all night. It just felt too strange to be apart after always being together. I was having separation anxiety. Now I lay him in his little crib and sneak out praying that he wont hear me and that he will stay asleep on his own, rather than in my arms. sigh.

    Enjoy your last three days. Get lots of sleep!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the last few days. May God bless you at this time with peace. May God continue to protect Hannah as she enters this world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take good care Becky, we are anxious to see her :), it will fly by and before you know it you will be proudly showing off your little princess to the world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You. Are. Awesome.

    that is all

    ReplyDelete
  7. can't wait to here the news that she's here! did you get the package?
    Be praying for you on Tuesday - hope it all goes well, and everyone will be healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh. What a crazy amazing feeling for you to know you will be holding your baby Hannah in a couple of days.

    I'll be thinking of you.

    Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only rub with someone's permission.

    Errr... that doesn't sound very good. But you know what I mean.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Becky needs"

Last Year

Another One For My List