Today's Distraction

I didn't dress up Ben and Sam for their first Halloweens. I wasn't going to dress up Hannah either but two things changed my mind:
  1. She's a girl. And this will likely be my only chance to dress up a teeny tiny little girl baby in a teeny tiny little girly costume. Next year she will be a toddler. It's just not the same.
  2. Making a Halloween costume from scratch takes a lot of time and is very distracting. It is especially good if you don't have a pattern or a solid plan when you start, because then that time of night when you lay in bed with nothing to do but think is taken up with planning how to attach things and stuff.
I'll save the big reveal for Halloween probably, but I can't resist putting up a picture of the pants I sewed tonight with no pattern or anything! Check these suckers out:Fancy hey? She's going to be a flower.

And a bonus picture of my adorable niece Abigail looking adorable. (Becky, that flower barrette is from you.) (I can hardly wait till Hannah has that much hair.)

Comments

  1. I'm impressed with the pants.
    It looks really good.
    It looks doubly good knowing you had no pattern.
    Mary Kurpiela

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry...let me rephrase that.
    Are you SURE I'm not your mother?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed. Sigh. I really need a sewing machine.

    I think I'm going to have to cut Abbey's hair pretty soon here. It's almost in her eyes. Or I could just find myself some of those super cute barrettes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Becky....those are fabulous...is there anything you can't do? I'm still in amazement that you love working with tools in the garage, that you take on renovations by yourself and that you paint etc. when you are just about due to have a baby...way to go Becky, Hannah has a LOT to live up to someday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness - how cute will she be?!?!? You are amazing. I may have to rethink my avoidance of Halloween...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Costumes rule. I've always enjoyed dressing Emma up -- I figure next year she'll want to decide her costume, so I better take advantage of it while I can.

    And Abigail's barrette looks so cute! Emma had one just like it, oddly enough. ;)

    Melissa, you should totally order some of these barrettes -- but fair warning, they're addicting. Here's the website (it's a local stay at home mama's business): http://www.mysweetbowtique.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! How do you DO that, Beck? What initiative and creativity! I wish we lived closer... I think you could teach me a lot of jazz. I'll call you later today, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see the complete finished product with Little Hannah in it to top it off!
    you are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing. I'm astounded at your skills. If you take her trick or treating here, I'll give her and you anything you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK not fair. Don't want to have to wait until the reveal! Stomps foot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am also impressed!! I can hardly wait to see her in it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Becky needs"

Last Year

Another One For My List