Dear Sam,

You are a sweet boy. And your Mommy is sorry.

Today, while Hannah was napping, I put some Toopy and Binoo on for you and went upstairs to lie down for a while. It wasn't five minutes before you were calling for me. "Sammy! Be quiet! Hannah is sleeping." You called me again. "Sammy! That's enough! Watch your show! Shhhhhhhh!" And one more time you called me. "If you want something then come here!"

"I can't..."

"Well then, be quiet and watch your show!"

And you, sweet boy, were quiet.

After twenty minutes or so I got up to use the washroom and as I walked down the hallway you saw me and started crying again. With another "Shhhhhh!" ready on my lips I looked down the stairs and saw this:
Stuck. In Hannah's chair.

"Sammy! Why didn't you tell me you were stuck?"

"Because you said shhhhhhh!"

Oh dear.

So Mommy is sorry. I should have come to see what you wanted when you said you couldn't come and tell me, but in my defense you do say you can't do things all the time when we both know you can! But I am sorry. I'm also sorry for laughing at you and taking your picture before I let you out.

So someday, when you're older, and I won't let you go on a sleepover because it's a school night, or I won't drive you and your buddies to the movies, you read this letter back to me and tell me that I owe you one. Okay?

Mommy loves you my good sweet little boy!

Comments

  1. What a sweet little boy! He's so well behaved, I can't believe he sat stuck in the chair for 20 minutes!! LOL You may regret telling him about this in the future. He could definitely use that against you. "Hey Mom, remember when you left me stuck in Hannah's chair for 20 minutes?" Guilt trip to the max.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the poor little guy! but in your defense Becky I think all of us Mom's and Dad's have had these moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you. I think you might be the best mom ever. This made me laugh so much, not because it happened, I think that happens to everyone. My mom left Reagan on the toilet waiting to be wiped so long that he finally fell asleep there.

    More that you took the photo. Cracks me up, it's priceless.

    ps. we also have the photo of poor Reagan. Sleeping on the toilet with his pants around his ankles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww. First of all, man is your son cute! Secondly, I have totally been there and done that. It is an icky feeling, but he knows how much you love him and he knows you are willing to say sorry...two things that are totally worth getting stuck in a chair to hear. :)

    By the way, your blog has become my absolute favorite! :) You have such a way with words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe what a sweetie! I have definately been there before. We all have. I just love that you took a pic and shared your story. Makes us all feel normal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Sammy...how did he get into the chair in the first place?

    Frankie is trying to help me type. She is not very good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahahahahaha - this gave me such a chuckle this morning - poor Sammy - but yet so obedient too - being quiet!
    and mommy - taking pictures and laughing before you let him out of his little prison! hahahah! Love it - it's NEVER dull with little boys around is it! SO reminds me of Zach when he was little!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Becky, this makes me feel so much better this morning; I did something so terrible to Austin yesterday too...and wow has Sammy ever grown! He is so sweet and cute! And yes, I am VERY sure he will use this to his advantage someday...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Becky needs"

Last Year

Another One For My List