Dear Benjamin,

Today I am told that you are a child with a good heart who knows what is right, and does it. In the past I have worried that because you want so badly to please people that you will try to do it by acting in ways you know are wrong. I have worried that you would follow where you know you shouldn't. But I am told that you don't do that. I am told you take time to think about what you are doing and that you make your own choices. And I am told by you, and I've seen it myself, that sometimes you do things just to make sure that you don't make someone else feel sad. You care about how other people feel, sometimes more than you care for how you feel. You will do things that you believe are right, even if it's not something that you think is fun or even if you would rather be doing something else.

You are a special person Benjamin. You are often unselfish and compassionate. Those are two things that I wish I could be more often. You put others before you, but that doesn't mean you do what they want you to do without thinking about it first. Your heart is gentle and kind, but strong and honourable too. What more could I wish for you? What more could I wish from you?

I am so glad I get to be your Mom, and today your teacher! I get to watch you grow and succeed and shine, and I couldn't be prouder of who you are and who you are becoming. I love you all day all night all day all night all day all night... Times infinity. And then some.

Comments

  1. Awe! You can`t really ask for much more than that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a sweet boy. I can see why that little girl is so stuck on just having him for her friend. Who needs anybody else?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Becky needs"

Last Year

Another One For My List