That Girl's a Running Fool

Okay. I would have sworn that this couldn't happen, in fact... HOW did this happen?

But I've been running. And not hating it. I started with walking. My top speed was 3.5 miles an hour. I never walk 3.5 miles an hour now. That's way too slow. Now my resting speed is 3.7 or 3.8 miles an hour. And lately I've been actually running. When I st
arted running I could run for one or two minutes at a time, and that's it. Then a week ago I made it to ten minutes. Tonight I was hoping to make it twenty minutes, but when I got there... I did ten more. THIRTY MINUTES! And I could have probably ran more! I wasn't dying!

I really don't know how this happened, because I hate exercise... Scratch that. I hatED exercise. My whole life I've hated exercise. And somewhere along the way I started almost sort of LIKING it. I love my treadmill. It's changing my life. It helps that I have goals. I'm more excited about being a runner than losing weight, which, let me tell you, is bizarre. I wonder if it's possible that I was kidnapped by aliens and replaced with a clone of myself and I didn't notice?

I just wish my dad was here to see it. I wish he could come with me to Calgary this summer to see my try to fun my first 10k. I know it would have blown his mind the way it's blowing mine. Because this is not like me. I know he'd have loved to see me run with Ang, or behind Ang anyways. lol.

What will I do next? No one knows. Not even me. But for now, the original Becky can eat the new-and-improved-clone Becky's dust.

(Sorry about the picture. Shirley said she needed proof. That's me about twenty minutes in. I don't know what I'm doing with my fingers, but it's hard to run and smile and wave and tell Glen what to do with the camera at the same time. Also, at some point I'm going to have to get some running clothes that can be seen in public. )

Comments

  1. Exercise is very addictive. I used to walk five miles a day, six days a week. I could walk that five miles in just under an hour and a quarter. Just like with any addiction, I would get very grumpy and irritated if I had to miss my daily walk. Sadly I have been grounded from (speed)walking and running by my doctor. I bought an exercise bicycle per his recommendation, but it's just not the same. I'm working on it, though. And I have been working on doing some walking. I just can't speed walk anymore. I also bought a punching bag. I'm hoping to get that hung this summer.


    sandeper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Becky, I am seriously impressed, and super proud of you. I hate exercising, too. And I always kinda thought I might like running, but knee surgery kinda wrecked that for me... at least to start, too high impact. I wish I could come watch you guys do the 10k together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish that would happen to me but every time i try i die gasping on the floor :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have no idea how exciting this is for me. You are awesome and totally blow my mind. You will be with me the whole way. We are going to have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I KNOW RIGHT!?!?!?!

    And last night I ordered some running clothes online. So you won't have to run with me in my PJ's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BECKY!!!!

    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I am seeing the picture, and I still don't believe it. lol

    You almost make me want to dust off my treadmill!! SO PROUD of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so impressed and I will be there to cheer you on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also, I iust need to say how kich I love your tag. Hal Johnson and Joanne McLeod would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Body break! Ohhhhhh yeah! Body break!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Becky needs"

Last Year

Another One For My List