The Bathroom

The depressing before shot: 


All of the fabric that came with this house had a weird smell to it, I think from being out in the previous owner's garage maybe. I'm pretty sure I would have changed it anyways, since Hannah isn't really into blue, which is shocking, I know.

Here is the after:


This room still needs something else in it. What I'd really like is some kind of dresser, or wardrobe. A full length mirror would be great too. (Uh, check THIS out! Should I???) And it obviously needs some curtains for the window just like the bedroom, but even without that stuff it's better than it was. The bathtub was mine when I was a little girl. I "made" it (painted it pink) back when my mom was into ceramics. And can we just talk about the floors? I think they look so much better than the carpet that was originally in here. I used drawer liner on a roll that I bought at Walmart for super cheap. All I needed to do was make a pattern with some newspaper, cut out the shape from the drawer liner, peel, and stick! Fab right?

Comments

  1. Hi Becky - we don't know each other but we know some of the same people. I came to your blog via Kim Arendt's blog. Anyway, I just wanted to say what an amazing job you've done with your daughter's dollhouse - when you showed the first pictures I thought I was looking at an actual bedroom "transformation" - but it's a dollhouse - so amazing and beautiful!!! I wish you lived closer to my house in Manitoba because i'd hire you to do something like this for my daughter. She would love it!!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daphne! Wait till you see the living room though. I think it's the one that looks the most "real."

      Delete
  2. What is that little statue thing you keep moving around and putting in the shots? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. Melissa! That was going to be a little game! I should have known you would notice right away. Doggone it.

      (It's a statue of Eric from The Little Mermaid. You know the one she finds and puts in her cavern??? I thought it would be funny to have you all guess which of Hannah's Barbies lives in the house. That was the clue. Now? Not. haha)

      Delete
  3. I can't believe you can make something look so real. This doesn't look a doll house. Your Hannah must be the luckiest little girl ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't notice. But I wish me and becca could move in. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job! Love playing with little rooms. Wish I was there to play with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. My. Goodness! That is amazing, Becky. You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Becky needs"

Last Year

Another One For My List