The Kitchen

Here is the sad before of the kitchen:


I struggled a bit with this room. I tried really hard to come up with something creative for the floor, but in the end I went with the "hardwood" like the rest of the house. What made that decision for me was remembering when I was a little girl, and how I liked to rearrange my Barbie house. I figured if all the floors were the same Hannah could move the rooms around however she liked.

Speaking of all the rooms being the same, now might be a good time to talk about the walls. Originally, my intention was to "wallpaper" some of the rooms with scrapbooking paper, but once I put all the furniture in I ended up really liking it white. I still might paint some of the walls, or wallpaper them. What do you think? Yes? No? Maybe so?

Anyways, here is the after shot of the new kitchen:


My favourite part of the kitchen is this hutch. Actually, I think this is my favourite thing in the whole house. It looks so pretty with the white porcelyn dishes. I'd actually like it somewhere in my real house, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't afford it.


Comments

  1. I used wallpaper in the one I made for my girls. It was actually the paper they used to use to wrap the newspapers when my brother was a paper boy. They had one that really looked like tile and it was so cute in the bathroom. What scale are you using in this house. I used to make miniature stuff out of Fimo and I still have some for the dollhouse I used to have. I wouldn't mind sending Hannah a few little pieces. I eventually will make another dollhouse, and will use some. I should show you how I made a "fire" for my fireplace. Do you have a little fireplace in her dollhouse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not totally certain, but as far as I can tell most Barbie stuff is 1/6. And there IS a fireplace! And I'm just about to post it!

      Delete
  2. Well, I saw it and you already have the logs and such. I made mine with little twigs and I think I used tissue paper for the flame. I used markers to give the tissue it's color. I can't remember for sure, but I will have to go dig it out and maybe post a pic of it. I actually made mine initially for a diorama Keri had to do on Laura Ingalls Wilder.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Becky needs"

Last Year

Another One For My List